I'm in Haiti!

So I know. It's been home improvement central on the blog lately but it's time to switch it up. I can't wait to post a million pics of our NEW HARD WOOD FLOORS! But first.... I'm in Haiti. So all week I'll be blogging about that.
I work for an amazing non profit. It's probably the best company I will ever work for. Every three months they send a team to work at / with a medical clinic in cabaret Haiti. We work along side a team of (now) 4 Haitian doctors who run a fixed clinic and operate 10 mobile clinics in rural villages. This week we are on the same schedule that we were last time so I'll see the same patients! 
Anyway. This trip we are also visiting 5 different orphanages that these doctors also provide health care for. It's an amazing organization and I'm so lucky to be a part of it. 
So here I am. Right in the middle of one of the biggest transitions in our life, right in the middle of redoing a home, right in the middle of craziness.... I'm in Haiti.
I'm so looking forward to the week ahead. Seeing patients. Playing with kids. Cuddling babies. Loving on people. 
I'm so thankful for a husband who allows me to follow my heart. A husband who is so unselfish and encouraging. I'm thankful for a hubby who loves me despite my big dreams and crazy ambitions. Thankful I have him. So here I am. Far from him and the craziness of home to try and make a little difference in the lives of the people here in Haiti. 

Thank you for your love. Your prayers. Your support. And if you live in canton look up Ryan this week. Go to SIDS or something. I'll pay you back. :)

Sunset tonight. 

Comments

Popular Posts