my kitchen

We have made some MAJOR progress on our kitchen! Here is a shot of our before (and then mid-paint). Remember the beautiful lime green paint color. It bodes well with the pink tile. And who could forget that quality peel and stick tile floor?!


Well we started by painting. Then we did some MAJOR work with my dad--- our floors. I spent 12 hours on it on a Friday and Ryan spent another 10 hours Saturday with my dad and we have these beautiful floors. You can read more about the floors here



LOVE THEM. We couldn't be happier with them. 



So then today we took the next big step in the kitchen... painting the tile. 
We used Rustoleum's Tub & Tile paint. We started by doing some serious scrubbing down of the pink tile. We sanded and followed all the prep instructions. Then we took the big first step. Painting the pink. I was nervous---- but after reading lots of reviews (positive and negative) and personally knowing someone who painted green tile with success, I was ready.  Well after I put on the respirator. ((If you choose to paint tile--- WEAR A BEASTLY MASK))


BOOM. 
I call this picture "life takes risk. sometimes you just have to go for it"

And go for it I did.

May I introduce to you... my white tiled kitchen.


Okay... and to get a look at the now.... the tile. the floor. the grey wall color.... 


I am crazy happy with it. I did two coats of the white tile paint. I think I am going to do another one on my next day off... next Tuesday. I think that will make it look even better. Up close its not perfect.... but its SO SO SO much better. I think a third coat will finish it off nicely. 

So today while I spent all day inside--- Ryan & his dad pressure washed the exterior. Our home is sparkling now :) Really though. Bright white. It looks great. 




We had such a successful day! We got so much accomplished. I also cleaned our oven, put our pantry back together, cleaned up the leftover wood, put lots away in the attic (yay for a big attic!), and started working on our closet issue. The issue: our two closets are tiny. The solution: I dunno. And before you say get rid of our stuff... we have a HUGE pile of clothes in our yard sale pile. HUGE. 

Three weeks until Move day!!! EKKKK!!! Its getting real! I suppose I should start packing.  




Comments

Popular Posts