lent


so for lent.
im going to try and write more. be more thankful. eat cleaner food. and not spend so much time on facebook... by not spending any time on facebook.
i tell you this so you can help me. i need help.
literally. last night after a yummy mexican dinner and discussing my plans with ryan, i walked right up to the 'candy' bar at the checkout and picked up my 24cent lollipop. not because i was craving sweets. but out of habit. ryan looked at me and laughed! you just gave up sweets 30 minutes ago and already have one! well... i always get a 25cent blowpop after mexican.
its not that its bad. its just a habit.
so. i need help breaking these habits.
stop me when im going in for that candy. or chocolate. or sugary drink.
or when im not being grateful. stop me.
and well... i turned off facebook so that was easy enough.
but really. help.
-----
i was reading on rachel held evans blog her 40 ideas for lent and this one popped up. man it is a good one. every day there will be a new reading, video, image, or song to reflect on. today's was beautiful. significant. and for the first time in a long long while i was reflective for 5 whole uninterrupted minutes. I need more minutes like this. so I challenge you. do something as simple as clicking on this link every day for the next 40 days. see what happens. im intrigued myself.

oh im also going to take pictures.
i will try to use social media :instagram: as a positive, reflective tool.
we shall see.

anyway. i really just wanted to share that blog with everyone.
read it.
enjoy it.
lets see what happens.


Comments

Popular Posts