january first post... of course

2013 was a pretty... interesting?!?! year. 
certainly had its ups and downs. some great moments, and then the not so great ones. 
i decided it would be wise to take a moment and reflect on the moments that had an impact on my life. the times that will stay with me forever. so, lets get started.... in no particular order. 
:::danielle's top 6 of 2013::: 

1. me & mr snider's trip to Israel & Palestine last January. it was huge. certainly life changing and monumental. this is me... at the sea of galilee, basically getting my life rocked. 




..... #2. backpacking! and all of the time we spent outdoors this past year. Ryan and I backpacked 35 miles in 50 hours. climbed the highest mountain in the south (up & down), in just 4.5 hours. spent many, many miles walking. talking. and breathing in the air around us. certainly has been one of my favorite things of 2013, and definitely in my list of things to continue in 2014


#3. i got another sister! thats certainly life altering! luckily i got a pretty great one.


#4. the epic adventure in haiti. as you know there are plenty of blog posts about that trip and how passionate i feel about the people in haiti. it truly was a life changing trip. one that will stay with me forever, and one that has started a new adventure in my life. im so thankful for the opportunity i was given, and how it has impacted my medical career. im also pumped about my future trips to haiti in 2014. :) 



#5. i spent a weekend with these two girls. its not just that weekend that im thankful for, its the friendship i have with these girls. they are my dear sisters. they understand me. laugh at me. and with me. they just get me. and they are really crafty, and wear sweet fashion boots. i love them so much. and know that the next year will bring even more fun times together. 



#6.... and finally. 
the gym. fitness. working out. crossfit. 
ive done it all in 2013... i started in february and it was the best decision i have ever made for my health. over the course of the year i lost around 20 pounds. i got STRONG! and lean. and fabulous. oh and i feel... amazing. 
((i also cut out most red meats, and increased my fruits and veggies, and dropped my carbs))
it was an incredible year of fitness. 
i am the strongest and fittest i have ever been. 
im PUMPED to see how 2014 goes! 

this was me. today. before the gym. figured a 1/1/14 pic was necessary.
also. the shirt... props to my hubby for that one.



ok. and now. on to my 
....2014....

first off. how is it already 2014?!? 
i graduated high school 10 years ago. 
OH my. 

ok. since i already have a 30 by 30 list... its a bit redundant to create another list of things or resolutions for the new year. i plan to continue to knock things off of that list throughout the year.

there are also a few general things i hope to do in the new year. like decrease that facebook time and keep my phone off the dinner table! if i could do a little less screen time, and more face to face time that would be a huge score. 

i do hope this next year i continue to work out and get stronger. 

i want to stay outside. walk these mountains more and more. 

get to haiti a couple more times. 

ok. and do some reading... lots of reading. these are my first books to read... im almost done with the incredible five days at memorial. and i'll write a post about it when im done. the other 5 will be after that. oh and the one on top!? yeah. my Bible. I'm really going to need to be reading a lot more of that next year. 


welp. that will just about do it... and just in time. this gal is going to bed. 

2014 is going to be a huge year in the sniderlove life. 
a lot of fun is going to be had. lots of adventures. 
(we have a few plans in our head already)
i can't wait to blog in 365 days about the excitement and craziness this year brought. 

cheers to 2014! 

Comments

  1. I love you… And I know I'm bias but I love #3 :)

    So thankful to call you family now. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read five days at memorial! It's on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts