bathroom reno continued...

Ryan & I spent a few hours at the house today and got so much accomplished!
This picture was taken immediatly after I said, "oh my goodness, I feel like REAL home renovators because we have a giant hole in the wall & electrical cords dangling!"
I am very proud of my electrical skills and medicine cabinet removal task.
Before you ask, yes. We turned off the electricity.
Thus the reason the following pictures are dark dark dark!



Ryan filling in holes with spackling--- see the pink blobs? Also this is the time I decided the ceiling was just too far gone. We cleaned with clorox and had no luck. 
So... off to Lowe's to buy a roller to paint the ceiling. 


Meanwhile, this is what Mowgli did allllll day. 
I think he likes his new home :) 


So... here is the ceiling! PRIMED!! OH MY GOSH. Best 10 minutes I have ever spent. 
Really... that's how long it took to paint the ceiling. Well I cut in the trim before, then using our handy roller for popcorn ceiling I primed it up! 


Talk about instant gratification!! 

An hour or so later we had the entire room primed and ready for paint. 
OR maybe another layer of primer... then paint. Not sure yet. 
It obviously got pretty dark in the room without a light so extension cords and a lamp are going in the car for the next trip to town. 


Once we get some light in there, we will see what we need to do next. 
But don't you see that ceiling?! AMAZING. 

Tonight we took our (well my) second trip to Lowe's in one day. 
Its hard to tell whats in that basket... but its good stuff! 


-- Ceiling paint
-- Bathroom paint!
-- 1 Gallon paint pour lid... because YES. It is worth the 3$. 
-- Bathroom light fixture... along with an Edison light bulb! (splurge. wups. at least we will have a cool light bulb for a few months, and then decide if its worth the extra money)
-- more sandpaper (because it was clearance!)
-- and finally for safety (moms you will be proud)
--- carbon monoxide & smoke detector
--- fire extinguisher

YAY for happy safe home owners! 
Needless to say, that certainly ran my Lowe's gift card dry. Time to shift to Home Depot where we still have a couple gift cards :) 


Comments

  1. You'll love the pour can. No regrets on that one. I know you have already painted the ceiling but we decided to scrape off the popcorn in our bathroom and i LOVE it. It was SUPER easy to get it off - we sprayed it with a water bottle, mist style, then scraped it off with a paint scraper. So easy. But, not sure if ours had been painted or not so it might be harder or messier now. I am so excited for you guys! If you need any home reno advice, let me know. We've done our fair share now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts