flowers and plants and prettties oh my!


So due to some pretty cool things I came into ownership of these beautiful plants today. 
I was given them all as a gift... oh and I got to pick which ones I wanted out of all the millions of plants/flowers at Lowe's. Talk about a tough decision! 
It was a fun little trip though. 

After some advice these are the beauties I picked!! 





After a few hours of work in the yard... we had an amazing transformation... again! 





It's finally coming to life! 

Here is a small breakdown of what I got. 


The Hydrangea was a given. Those were our wedding flowers. We planted two beautiful ones here in Canton and its now sort of a tradition. Its our lasting legacy we leave on a home. Plus they are so beautiful! Last a long time and you can dry them and bring them in!!

The butterfly bushes will add some color (purple color that is) and attract some butterflies hopefully!
There are actually 2 coneflower plants (with multiple blooms). Hoping they add lots of color and interest. 
In the side bed I planted the most amazing calla lillies. They are called "midnight calla lillies" and are a deep purple.  See below for a picture! 
The hostas were already there, i just broke them up and moved them back. 

I also planted a few ground cover/ spreading plants to add some interest and well ground cover!

This one I call my curly Q plant! 


How cool is this guy!! I got two and hope they spread quickly. 


Midnight Calla Lillies! 

Fun afternoon at the house!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

On our way home we stopped by Home Depot to pick up a few tools for Ryan's table project. Somehow we've done all this work on our house without a crowbar. Today we finally decided we need one! (Ryan is breaking apart some old pallets)
I thought this was funny.... "wrecking bars" 



OK... and we really wanted this one. 
The annihilator. 


We passed though and got the standard yellow crow wrecking bar.

Comments

  1. I'm enjoying the transformation! How interesting that the Spanish word for wrecking bar is "palanca"- Hey, you're not encouraging that (nail, board) enough; use this!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts