let me be vulnerable...

Okay--- so you know those beautiful home magazines that show the perfect home set up? Or better yet... on house hunters when they do the "look at them now" episode and their house is perfect?? And the lighting is superb, and there is no clutter or a box anywhere to be seen? Okay... that is not how our house is. Not even close.
But--- I have had several people ask for an update on the home progress so here goes nothing.
This is me being way vulnerable.
Our home, just the way it was at 8:00 tonight... boxes. dirty clothes. dishes. yeah...
one day I will have beautifully staged and perfect pictures for you. And we will compare them to the 'before' photos... but for now here is our cute yellow house full of our stuff!


The office:




One favorite area, the reading nook:

The porch! that can now be called a sleeping porch... 



The living room/ The view from the front door... one day there wont be boxes... or lots of random crap on the coffee table


oh rabbit ears... such a love hate relationship.... 


The kitchen!

I love this window.... 


Guest bed! (thanks to my mom and dad for the bed!!)

Little love on the walls in the hall :) 


My favorite room in the house.... the bathroom! (ignore the falling ceiling fan)


its come a longgggggg way baby. 
and we have so much more to do. 
so much more to settle in.... 
and much more to clean and straighten. 


/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
after we got home from dinner tonight we went on a walk around the block. It was probably a mile and a half... and it was spectacular. I can't describe how happy I am that we live in the city--- but this is right out our front door. 


Just beautiful! 


It was the perfect peaceful walk. 


And we may not have a view from the porch... but we still get that mountain view walking around the block. 

Comments

  1. This struck such a sweet chord with me. I love our home and I love where we live. But I spend so much time comparing our house - the decor, cleanliness, cuteness, whatever - to everyone else's and then I don't want anyone to come over. But I know they are coming to see the people that live here and not admire my walls. So, I let them come anyway. I completely GET this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts