new :half: year resolutions....

So July first...
The start of a new half year.
2014 is half way over. That alone is pretty crazy.
It has been a long 6 months for the Sniders. A lot--- and I mean A LOT has changed.
So to say I know what the next 6 months holds--- would be a complete lie.
I have no clue.
I don't know if Ryan will get a job. I don't know if he should. I don't know if we will have any money. I don't know if we will go to Haiti again. I don't know when I will go home to Georgia. I don't know if we will get pregnant. I don't know if we will get rid of Mowgli (Ok... I know we won't... but Ryan is ready to kick him out). I don't have any idea about the future. I think--- for the first time in my life--- I realize this, and I am okay with that.
I have a wonderful husband who is stepping out on faith and I am so proud. I have a husband who makes me laugh and smile and who loves me so much. I know that with him beside me--- we can do anything. We can make it through. We can do anything together. I have a God that is loving and gracious. A God who cares about me--- little old me--- in this big giant world. A God who shows his love and care in the small simple things--- and in great huge ways. A God who is with us no matter what life throws our way.
So bring on the rest of the year 2014. I can't wait to see what will happen. The good- the bad- and the ugly. Together we Sniders can conquer the world.

So. A new half year. I think that calls for a reevaluation of my priorities and goals. The past month  few months I have eaten more sweets than I should for the rest of the year. So at least for the next 30 days I have given up sugar. No sweets. No ice cream. No brownies or cake or blueberry cobbler. I just don't need it.
I am also making a little quiet time a priority for my day to day life. I have found a great FREE online women's daily devotional that has really gotten me reading the Bible- thinking- and journaling. It has beautiful graphics and words and is something I have found I look forward to daily. Check it out! www.shereadstruth.com
The third thing I'm making myself do is get back into shape. Due to the shoulder injury and move I have not been working out... at all. So yesterday I went back to the gym. I plan on going back today and tomorrow. Three days a week... at least. Thats my goal. And the old gym is still only 20 minutes from my house. SO. yeah... no excuse. Back to the gym I go.

Here's to hoping the next 6 months are as awesome and crazy and exciting as the last 6 months. Here's to hoping I eat healthier, read more, and get back on the exercise bandwagon. Happy July folks!


Comments

  1. No sweets. Me time. Exercise. We can do this. We will do this. Thank Jesus for peanut butter. I mean, blueberries.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts