random obligatory post...

I feel like I should update you on life... so here is a post.
Today... Ryan painted our front porch.
HOLY COW BATMAN....
CHECK THIS OUT!
When I got home from work I didn't even want to walk on it. Its so pretty. And perfect. And has cleaned up the look so much.  WOW.


Ryan ALSO saw a bear today. IN OUR BACKYARD.
WHAT THE HECK....
Apparently this is the only picture he got because he was on the phone and (unlike me) he didn't want to hang up the phone with the insurance company to take a picture. Anyway, a big full grown bear roaming our back yard. Lovely. 


Last night... we played Alhambra. One of our favorite games. Its one of the only two player games that is actually tons of fun. Strategy. Building a kingdom. Spending money. SO FUN.
Even better---- we sat out on our porch and played on the table he built. 
LOVED our time together. 


Speaking of back porch... the other night we had a nice summer thunderstorm and so what did we do... laid on our back porch and enjoyed the rain on the tin roof and the lightening lighting up the sky. It was so relaxing. It was so perfect. This was the reason we bought this house... 


To do this... on this porch.... 


Okay--- onto another subject. MY HIKE FOR HAITI!
I sent out newsletters/fliers this week. I have already raised SEVERAL HUNDRED DOLLARS!! Please if you want to donate contact me! I'll send you a flier and fill you in! 
I am blown away at all the money that has come in! 
**I am also really freaking nervous about hiking 77 miles. WOAHHHHH. 


And finally.... Our summer vacation starts NOW! I am off work the next ELEVEN days. I know its going to fly by... but I am so thrilled. I am going to try and soak it all in.
What are we doing you ask?!? Driving ALL the way across the state... then out into the ocean. To the Outer Banks for a Snider Family Vacation. The Sniders and Llewellyns have three houses on Hatteras Island for an entire week. Its going to be an epic week. 


Hope you are having some summertime fun! 
I may not post for a while.... Okay or I may post every night. We shall see. 
Happy Summer!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts