I made a shirt.

Yeah.... a shirt/tunic/top. From a pile of fabric and using a real pattern. I am amazed. And SO PROUD! Also. This thing took me like 8 hours of solid work, so I should be proud. Anyway... Let me show you what I bought and a few steps along the way. 

A few months ago I bought a kit off of craftsy. In fact you can buy one too! Here
Check out the entire site while you are at it. All sorts of craft items, but my favorite:  Fabric.  Sewing notions. Everything you could want. Including--- my new favorite thing--- kits! So you get a great pattern and all the fabric you need to make that item! Hello easy peasy!

So I purchased this top. Seemed easy enough and its a Simplicity "learn to sew" top made for beginner sewers learning! It was perfect!

I will admit--- I had to do a lot of googling. And then I finally found a you tube video step by step breaking down this pattern and how to do it. I made it pretty far into the directions before I just had no idea what they were talking about. 



Here is the top part cut out!


The top part is all finished here! (It was by far the most difficult)



But look how clean and crisp that collar looks with the shoulder seam. mmm.
I am quite proud of this! I must admit. It wasn't all roses and sunshine. I thought I was going to loose my mind. I wanted to throw my machine out the window a few times. I wanted to quit after like 6 hours in... but I didn't.



I am glad I stuck with it. I have a cute top.
A really cute top.
Man its pretty flattering.... I swear I am almost 6 months pregnant.



My goal was to wear this thing every day until I couldn't... but then I realized I am not sure it will last that hardcore wear and tear. ha!



So I am taking it to Portland. I'll wear it on special occasions. And I'll love every minute of it.



Couldn't be happier with the outcome. I swore I would never make clothing again... but I am already looking at another kit! And thinking about making this one again a little bigger, for my growing belly, and with some flowers in it!



Yay!

Comments

  1. Kudos, because stripes are ambitious for newbies! Great project, young lady!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts