Woah what a weekend!

Let's start with this adorable baby purchase.... 
baby mocs. 
I know. Ridiculous right?!


Now, on to the weekend. It started bright and early Saturday morning with a superhero 5K!
Me. Baby. and a messy room!


Just before I set off! 


See I really did it! 
Action shot taken by my amazing hubby... who finished 8th overall. 
Not too shabby! 


I am proud to say I was the 'pregnant girl' division winner! 
and yes... I was the only pregnant girl. (At least with an obvious belly)


Here is a nice side shot. 20 weeks and some change! 


Saturday afternoon we started in the garden! This is our raised bed that Ryan built and planted!! 
(Not all has been planted, but we got a start!)


Meanwhile... we got rid of these old doors that have been sitting on our porch since January. Thanks Craigslist. 


Back to the garden... This is my 'herb garden' in some old wine boxes! 
Mint. 
Cilantro. 
Basil. 


I am trying something new this year... Strawberries!! 
So here is my strawberry box. 
This morning after a night of rain... I already have a bloom and a few other strawberries starting to come in! I am optimistic!! 


Saturday night we said goodbye to our favorite Canton hang out... okay the only Canton hang out. 
Sid's was an awesome restuarant that is having to shut its doors. We went out and celebrated and said goodbye with our Canton friends. It was certainly a fun night! 



Today (Sunday) we sold our old table and chairs! 
Again. thank you craigslist!! 


And we moved some furniture around... 
New corner hutch in my sewing room! 
We have to make room for baby in the guest bedroom! 


Speaking of baby... I finished up 16 burp clothes today! Our kiddo is going to puke on the cutest little rags! And they are super soft and cozy. 


So the final project of the weekend was getting the back porch back to a livable space. 
It is a HUGE reason we bought our home. 
So--- 


We cleaned up the bed and put it on a frame. We moved the bench my grandpa made me back here for more seating! I added a light for night time relaxing. and Wah-lah! 
My favorite part of our home... well next to my sewing nook. 


And the view from our new guest bed! Now who wants to come spend the night?!? 


To celebrate our successful weekend Ryan made a homemade pizza (with basil from the garden!)
and I drank a nice cold beer cream soda. 


Happy weekend friends. Hope you had as much fun as we did! 

Comments

  1. corner hutch in your sewing room is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. corner hutch in your sewing room is PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts