what's on my mind.... or my pinterest boards

Well there is a lot on my mind these days... and I think I'll share it with you. 
I am also pinning lots and lots... so thought I would share some finds as well. 

First up: my health. I am feeling great, and finally not as exhausted as I was throughout January and February. I have signed up for a 5K in April and in May. Not to run in, just to participate in. In April its a fundraiser for the child abuse center I work at part time. Its a great cause and a great way to keep me motivated to keep walking! In May I am doing the Asheville March for Babies. My company has a group going to walk 3 miles and raising money for babies. I thought that would be fun to do with my baby in my belly! If you feel like donating I have a website set up here.... but please don't feel obligated. :) 

Now that the weather has warmed up, Leia and I set out for a nice 3 mile walk just down the road from my house! We are talking the most beautiful trail that goes on for miles and miles less than a mile from my house! How cool!! (: We live in an awesome spot. 


Here's a nice peek at the bump. It's much larger from above. I promise :) 

Well speaking of the bump and the baby... I have been eyeing fun things for the nursery. Up first--- how fun and bright is this bunting! Best part--- I could make this for free. And I am thinking about it. 



Probably using some of this fabric! 
This is the fabric for baby snider (or baby ryelle)'s quilt that I will be making soon.
The fabric designer lives in Asheville.... which is probably why this fabric feels so perfect. Its woodsy. Adorable. Not too baby. And great colors! I can't wait to get started. 





I also plan on making a few little pillows and perhaps getting the wall art that goes along with this fabric. It is so adorable.

Other adorable finds on pinterest.... THIS:


so sweet...

I found it on pinterest and may be using it for a little inspiration. I also may try to make that adorable and simple mobile for above the bed. 

The bed that my baby may not sleep in for quite a while.... To start we are planning on using a cosleeper/bassinet. We made our first real baby purchase... an amazing find on one of my Asheville MaMa groups. We saved over 100$ in buying this used from a girl... who states they only used it once. I believe her too! It looks brand new! 




Mowgli is slightly questionable. I was very excited to make this find! I set it up as soon as I got home---- then quickly de-assembled it for storage for a while. Ha.

So the last thing on my mind and the most recent pins on pinterest.... Portland.
Ry and I have been discussing our options for our "last vacation before baby". We wanted to go somewhere we likely wouldn't go after baby. A place that's a little more difficult to get to, but one with lots of adventures and fun. So right now Portland is the top of our list... We are just a click away from making it a reality.



And now that I have read every pin entitled "things to do in Portland" I want to leave tomorrow...
Things To Do In Portland, Oregon - Sunday Spotlight

I mean this city is simply stunning....



And this beach... just a short drive away....



I can't stop myself now. We actually got a tax refund this year... so I think we will be putting it to good use. In the long run of life---- we may not pay off our student loans early, or have the nicest cars--- but hopefully we will have a life of adventure and memories and stories that we share and remember forever.

So.... who wants to donate to our Portland fund?!? (:



***thank you random pinterest pins and google search images for these pics****

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts