Cordele...


One of my favorite places in the world.... is not exactly in the tourist books. Or even in the "top five places to visit in Georgia". Although, if I made a list, it would be.
Cordele, Georgia--- home of the watermelon capital of the world, a great lake with a river that runs through it, some killer sausage, and a tiny little cabin thats reallllly old and was won by my best friends great grandfather. Really. Its a place full of history... and memories.



In college, when Sara & I became friends, we came here a few times on weekend getaways. We would sit on the dock and talk about how tough life was... in college. Yeah. We would shoot guns with our boyfriends, eat lots of sausage, and drink some wine.
I am so thankful it is a place I go now and sit on the dock and talk about life. We dream about our future, we laugh, we drink coffee, we relax. I am so thankful for the time I get to spend with Sara here. And now with these women.



Last spring, on a whim, Sara invited these two best friends to join us for a girls weekend. I had never met them, but they became fast friends. Dear friends. Really good sincere friends. Last weekend we ventured back to the dock to rest, relax, and enjoy each other's company.


We had "Bible study" that mostly consisted us of just talking about Jesus, and God and life.

And then Sara and I did a whole lot of sewing/quilting.



Our evenings were perfect... and each night we ventured to the dock to watch the sunset. When was the last time you watched the sunset? Just sit there and quietly took it in.
I highly recommend it.







(Cindy's 8 months pregnant btw)



Yeah. The sunsets were THAT good.

Such a wonderful weekend with these women. I am really grateful to have them around... even if its only twice a year, and by way of multiple daily group texts. The countdown has already begun to our February gathering.

Here are the two quilts I finished up!




Oh and a selfie with Price (sara's baby brother who is at Auburn)... He showed up on Friday to surprise us for the night--- and ended up staying all weekend. It was hilarious having a college kid around. and no he didn't quilt. He mostly slept, ate, and watched some serious football.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts